Thursday, April 19, 2007

Analogy Lessons

Husband is to Juniper as Spinach is to Popeye

I’m going to pick up my husband from the airport this evening! It seems like this loooooong interview process may finally be winding down. If he goes on any more trips, hopefully there won’t be a lot more. Since January, he’s traveled to interview for 8 different jobs in 7 different states. Three jobs had him back for a second visit. That’s a lot of traveling!

Perhaps once he’s back I will return to life. Since he left at lunchtime on Tuesday, I’ve been bored and lethargic. I don’t know why I seem to become a dysphoric hermit when he’s out of town, but it’s the truth and it does me no good to ignore it. Sure, I’ve managed to get a couple of things done each day, but they’ve been interspersed with long hours of cable TV.


Parents are to Juniper as Kryptonite is to Superman

I’ve been a bit down since this weekend anyway. My dad was in town for a couple of days, visiting us and giving a speech nearby. It was not our best visit and my mood and sense of self is still trying to recover. It seems like the times when he comes to our house by himself go worse than when he visits with my mom or when we go to their house. There’s just something about getting him alone, on our territory that makes it impossible to ignore just what an…. pain he really is.

By the way, don’t ever try to mix Spinach, Kryptonite and Juniper. You get a new, unstable element that smells bad and gives off an unpleasant, tense vibe. Makes the Kryptonite much, much stronger. More about that later.

No comments: