Friday, February 09, 2007

depression + PMS + cranky = meme

Since I've been in a bit of a funk this week (depression + PMS + cranky) I haven't blogged much. Thus, I'll resort to a meme.

10 Firsts
  1. First best friend: Anonymous Mom (met when we were 1, friends when we were 2)
  2. First car: 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser wagon with bench naugahide seats. The thing had a V-8 engine and idled at 20mph.
  3. First love: according to my mom, Mr. Strobitzky, my art teacher in 2nd grade.
  4. First vacation: Nantucket… I think?
  5. First job: assistant counselor at a YMCA camp in New England.
  6. First piercing: none!
  7. First concert: I’m almost too ashamed to admit… Huey Lewis and the News somewhere back in the 80’s.
  8. First record/cd bought: something classical probably.
  9. First real love: an art history professor from London at the YMCA camp. At least he married the girl he left me for.
  10. First screen name: Juniper

9 Latest
  1. Latest beverage: drinking Calistoga sparkling water as I type.
  2. Latest car ride: home from tutoring in Tiburon tonight.
  3. Latest movie watched: I went to see “Because I Said So” on Monday. It was ok, not great. Mostly, I was annoyed because all the characters have impossibly nice apartments.
  4. Latest phone call made: called UT to reserve a room. I’m joining my husband on an interview trip in a couple weeks so I can ski for FOUR days!
  5. Latest jacuzzi bath: hmmm… long time ago.
  6. Latest played cd: CD? I think we actually played a P-Funk CD while setting up the Christmas tree.
  7. Latest time you cried: Almost every day this week! Again.
  8. Latest meal: Reheated leftover pizza for dinner. We were tired.
  9. Latest curse: Dunno. I’m sure I swore sometime today though.

8 Things You Wear (I’m assuming they mean on a regular basis)
  1. Do contacts count?
  2. Trying to start wearing a bit of foundation. Makes me look less blotchy all the time.
  3. Underwear & bra
  4. Wedding & engagement rings
  5. Socks. It’s been too cold lately.
  6. Watch
  7. I’m trying to wear shoes that make me look taller.
  8. A scowl.

7 Have You Ever
  1. Dated one of your best friends: yes. Married him.
  2. Been arrested: yes
  3. Fallen in love at first sight: yup. My husband.
  4. Been in a TV program: no
  5. Had your heart broken: yes. See above British professor.
  6. Said you love someone without meaning it: no
  7. Made a prank phone call: probably.

6 Things You’ve Done Today
  1. Tutored the SAT.
  2. Went to my depression support group.
  3. Watched 2 episodes of The Simpsons, of course.
  4. Read part of the New York Times.
  5. Wrote work emails I should’ve ignored until next week.
  6. Showered.

5 Favorite Things
  1. Sushi
  2. Joni Mitchell
  3. Grey cats
  4. Sleeping
  5. Being in the woods

4 People I Can Tell Anything
  1. Psychiatrist
  2. Therapist
  3. Best Friends
  4. Husband

3 Choices
  1. Black or white? Black
  2. Summer or winter? Summer (provided I have some shade)
  3. Chocolate or chips? Chips

2 things to do Before You Die
  1. Be a parent
  2. Finish my book

1 Thing You Regret
  1. Getting arrested (and the things I did to get arrested)

Something you could happily do an infinite number of times:
  • Wake up next to my husband

No comments: