Sunday, December 10, 2006

If this tree had candles, they'd be burning at both ends

So it's been a few days since I've posted... nothin's wrong. I've just been busy. Here's a little summary to catch you up:

Wednesday:
  • I worked without stopping from 9am - 6pm. An unusually long work day for me. (I've been interviewing new tutors for my company - a task which takes a lot of time.)
  • From 7-9pm, I had DBT. Then we watched the Mythbuster's holiday special.
Thursday:
  • In the morning, I made the 100mi round trip to Palo Alto to meet with my doctor. (Yeah, I know, that's too far to drive to see a doc, but what can I do? I used to live down the street from his office and then we moved.)
  • That afternoon, I tutored from 12 - 5:30pm.
  • Then I picked up my husband and we drove back down to Palo Alto! 100 more miles on the car, but it was worth it to wish our friend a happy 30th birthday. We had a nice time and even got to meet another friend's 3-week old baby. Ah, jealousy.
Friday:
  • In the morning, I interviewed four potential tutors in person. Hired two tutors who are dating each other and just rode their bikes across the US. Hired another guy who installs backyard vegetable gardens part-time. Nice people who could all do math! Didn't hire the acrobat who juggles fire and rides a unicycle. (you're welcome Betty!)
  • From 12-2pm I went to my depression support group. There was pizza! (depression? What depression?)
  • More interviews and tutoring from 2-7pm.
  • After dinner, I went to Sparknotes and read up on "The Gilded Age & the Progressive Era (1877–1917)." (Yes, I'm a nerd. But, earlier in the afternoon, I was helping one of my students study this period for a history test. I'm always chagrined by how little history I retain.)
Saturday:
  • House was filthy so we cleaned all morning.
  • An old friend from college came over. He came with my husband and I to get a Christmas tree. (Considering it's a 7-8' tree, I thought $50 was a pretty good price. Of course, we did go to the tree lot next to the highway in a rather sketchy local town... ) We then spent the afternoon setting it up.
  • Spent a nice evening with my husband - went out to a local diner, browsed at a good bookstore, and then spent some "quality" time together.
  • I fell sound asleep at 10 while debating baby names for our yet-to-be-conceived future child. (I no longer like the name Gabriel. In fact, we like NO boy names. Hmmmm. Any suggestions? It can't contain an "oo" sound like in Juniper or end in the letter n.)
Sunday:
  • Sunday mornings are devoted to the New York Times, of course.
  • I tutored all afternoon from 12-5pm.
I need to have a bit more down time next week. Whenever I get too busy, I burn out fast.

But the tree does looks great!

2 comments:

betty said...

so, you switched to the beta, huh? everyone seems to be doing it, but i don't want to. i really really don't want to!

anyway, on to the real comments - i LOVE the tree! and i miss you guys a ton. i'm sad i can't be there to see it.

it sounds like you're working super hard. don't forget to get plenty of rest and take care of yourself, ok?

Juniper said...

I gotta say... I was afraid to switch myself. I'm realizing that I'm a bit of a techno-phobe. I mean, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't know how to use Statcounter. But, since I had to make a Google account for work recently, the change was pretty painless.

Honestly, it took me approximately 30 seconds to make the change. But I don't have a complicated template or anything like that. You're far more committed to making your blog look nice.

As far as resting goes, it's a goal for this week. Most of my students go on vacation on Friday, so tutoring will taper off towards the end of this week.

Then... no kids until the new year!