Monday, October 02, 2006

ABC's of me


Inspired by an old post at Betty's old blog:

Accent: None. I’m from New England. (Though some people say that’s an accent.) I can pick up other people’s accents really easily though, like my relatives’ Appalachian hillbilly twang.

Booze: Yes, please! Now if it wasn’t for that damn alcoholism…

Chore I Hate: Changing the sheets, cleaning the catbox, or doing the dishes.

Dog or Cat: Sure! I’ve had two cats who were/are the center of my life and three German Shepherds. I currently maintain part ownership of my parents’ new German shepherd.

Essential Electronics: TV with Tivo! Also cell phone & laptop.

Favorite Cologne(s): I like Issey Myake’s L’eau d’Issey, but I can’t wear it that often because strong smells make me want to puke.

Gold or Silver: silver!

Hometown: A little bit of freaky Appalachia right in the middle of New England. Example: neighbor who had his own lumber mill.

Insomnia: Story of my life. I loved taking Seroquel and Ambien but my doctor make me give them up after two years of sleeping bliss. Now I just practice good “sleep hygiene.” Ugh.

Job Title:
Private tutor. I’m also a freelance consultant on architectural issues. I’m also trying to start a tutoring program for the mentally ill. I’m writing a book too. Oh yeah, and mental patient. That counts.

Kids: Hopefully soon!

Living arrangements:
Sorta run-down, two-bedroom apartment with husband and grey cat. Chinese landlord and his elderly mom live downstairs. Middle-aged woman who works at a bakery lives next door. Neighbor’s giant rusting hulk of a “classic” Cadillac parked out front. I want to take a baseball bat to the thing.

Most admirable trait: I’m very nice to people and animals. And I survived years of mental illness. And abuse.

Number of sexual partners: enough.

Overnight hospital stays: Three.
1990: three months at the Institute of Living (Hartford, CT) for major depression
2003: one month at Mills-Peninsula Hospital (Burlingame, CA) for major depression and alcoholism.
2004: one week at Stanford Hospital (Palo Alto, CA) for major depression, alcoholism, and Borderline Personality Disorder.

Phobias: The house burning down while the cat’s trapped inside. Spiders in the shower. And I can’t stand it when people are mad at me.

Quote: “Oh I could drink a case of you, darling,
And I would still be on my feet.
Oh I would still be on my feet.”
- from “A Case of you” by Joni Mitchell

Religion: No thank you. Raised Atheist.

Siblings: I wish. No.

Time I wake up: Your guess is a good as mine. I set my alarm for 7:30 but sometimes it’s earlier and sometimes it’s later.

Unusual talent or skill:
Can read people’s minds. It’s a trait not uncommon for those of us with Borderline Personality Disorder. Can also tell when a TV is on from 100’ away with no sound on. I’m a very good driver too.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: CELERY!

Worst habit: picking at my hands, face, ect. Not washing hands my enough.

X-rays: normal? I don’t get the question.

Yummy foods I make: Cake, burritos, hummus, smoothies, curries.

Zodiac sign: every inch of a Capricorn

How about you?

blocks available at: http://www.craftefamily.com

No comments: