Saturday, October 28, 2006

blaaahhhg

I’ve been feeling apathetic, disinterested and a little down for the last couple of days. And I don’t really know why. It's left me with a brain that feels like this:


Looks like it’s time to do p. 162 in my DBT workbook.

Prompting event: see above.

My Interpretation: Something must be bugging me and dragging my mood down. I’ve been feeling good for a while but now I’m worried. I’ve only felt down for a couple of days but maybe that good period is over? Maybe my depression is more cyclical than I realized? When I feel like this, I don’t feel as “better” as my doctor seems to think I am.

Body Changes: I have a slight headache. I feel fatigued and leaden. I kinda feel like I want to cry – that whole heavy eyelid, tingly nose thing.

Body Language: I’ve been dragging around the house. My husband says I look like I’m moping. I find myself staring off into space.

Action Urges: I want to just stare at movies or TV. I have a small urge to drink just to distract myself from how I feel right now. Most of all, I just want to crawl in bed and stay there.

What I’ve said or done: I’m trying this stupid writing exercise but it doesn’t seem to be helping much! I’ve tried telling people that my mood is depressed. But I can sense how frustrating it must be for them.

After effect: I want to act like I feel fine so my husband doesn’t worry too much.

What I learned from this worksheet: I dunno. Maybe I need to build more positives into my daily life… more things to look forward to. Lord knows I’m not looking forward to going to work these days… it just feels boring. Who knows, maybe everything would feel boring right now. Everything just seems a bit... blah.

No comments: