Sunday, October 08, 2006

Mom visit - day one

Here's what I had planned for today:

2:30pm: pick mom up at airport.
3:30pm: check into hotel.
4:30pm: drive to Tilden Botanic Gardens & Indian Rock Park.
5:30pm: arrive at my apartment.
6:30pm: walk to dinner.
7:00pm: dinner at local French restaurant.

Here's how the day really played out.

2:30pm: pick mom up at airport
3:30pm: we stop at a beautiful park in Alameda for a short walk. Her back was hurting, so I asked her if she wanted to turn around. She said no, but after a while, her back started hurting worse. So I went and got the car and picked her up.
4:30pm: checked into hotel. The room they gave her had two double beds. She wanted a king bed but there wasn't.
5:00pm: Her back still hurt so she asked me to call the spa and schedule her a massage. Then she offered to get me one too! Only catch... it probably screws up our schedule for tomorrow.
5:15pm: She wants to go sit in the hot tub outside. So I run down to my car, grab my swimsuit and we go down to the spa. When we get there, there are two little boys playing in the hot tub. They splash and jump around so much I finally have to go complain to the staff.
6:00pm: back to her room.
6:15pm: drive to my house.
6:30pm: change my clothes at my house and loan her my heating pad.
6:45pm: drive to dinner.
7:00-8:30pm: MY back hurt during dinner since I was sitting at a wooden bench. My entree had olives in it. Yuck.
8:30-9:00pm: drive her back to the hotel then drive home.

I'm absolutely exhausted!

Question - there's a chance I could be pregnant. Was the hot tub a bad idea? It wasn't that hot...

2 comments:

Bea Rich said...

Yes, stay AWAY from the hot tub. If you think you could be PG you should not go in. It's probably too early to have done anything (that egg is oddly protected for the first few weeks) but it's a good idea to stay out. Too much heat and they are also a great place to pick up germs.

Sorry.

Sounds like it's going to be a "fun" visit!

Bea Rich said...

Yes, stay AWAY from the hot tub. If you think you could be PG you should not go in. It's probably too early to have done anything (that egg is oddly protected for the first few weeks) but it's a good idea to stay out. Too much heat and they are also a great place to pick up germs.

Sorry.

Sounds like it's going to be a "fun" visit!