Monday, January 01, 2007

aaaaand we're back

Soooo, we made it home. Right after my last post, my parent's satellite TV died (probably too much snow in the dish) so we never got to watch that movie. Instead, my dad and my husband went outside and cleared out the driveway a bit. Finally, at noon, we were able to leave. I managed to keep my cool and didn't get too bitchy.

Once we were underway, the bad weather didn't cause us too much trouble... except for the two hours we were stuck on hwy 40 just west of Albuquerque. I wouldn't have minded the wait, but I really had to pee! I spent most of the time trying to figure out which was the lesser of two evils: peeing in a ziploc bag inside the car or peeing outside in the snow with all the truckers staring at my naked ass (in the middle of the desert there are no trees to hide behind) Luckily, the traffic finally started moving and I made it to a truck stop.

We finally got home on Saturday around 5pm, completely exhausted and smelling of In-and-Out burgers. When I called my parents to let them know we arrived home safe, they told us that the snow STILL hadn't stopped. It's a good thing we left when we did... or else we'd still be there! Whew!

Best wishes for a Happy 2007!

No comments: