Thursday, September 14, 2006

Just call me Queasy, the 7th Duff



I’m feeling queasy today. Actually, I’ve been feeling a bit queasy for the last couple of days… A friend of mine keeps begging me to “Just pee on a stick!” Maybe tomorrow… I’ll know more next week. This whole calculus of baby making is challenging, even for a math tutor!

Perhaps I’m just running myself a bit ragged? So in honor of Betty’s schedule I thought I’d share my own. I can never tell if I'm trying to do too much. Left to my own devices, i'll try to do too much and then I'll get burned out and crash. For example:

- Four years ago, I was an architect, working 60-70 hours a week on a $200 million project in San Francisco.
- Three years ago, I was on full disability and too sick to work.
- Two years ago, I went back in the hospital and attended a day program upon my discharge.
- One year ago, I was working 50+ hours a week, running a (different) tutoring company

So here's this year's schedule. I'm trying to keep the work to 30 hours a week.
8:00-9:00: Breakfast
9:00-2:00: varies by day:

Monday: Psychiatrist, swim, therapist
Tuesday: Office work (I manage a tutoring company)
Wednesday: Office work, Yoga class
Thursday: Laundromat, Psychiatrist, swim
Friday: Office work, Group therapy


2:00-3:00: lunch
3:00-7:00: Tutoring and driving to students' homes
7:00-8:30: Dinner (DBT group therapy on Wednesday)
8:30-9:00: Household chores
9:00-11:00: Free time!

What do you think? Am I trying to do too much?

Note: The 7 Duffs appear in episode 9F11 of The Simpsons. Just before Selma’s aunt dies, she tells her to hurry up and have a family before it’s too late. Homer promises Bart and Lisa that he’ll take them to Duff Gardens. But when he eats a spoiled sandwich he purloined from the company picnic, he gets food poisoning. Eager to parent, Selma takes Bart and Lisa to Duff Gardens.

Image found at www.lardlad.com

2 comments:

betty said...

ahemmm, that's ALL you do on Thursdays?

i think your schedule sounds busy but ok. but then, i've bee told mine was a little OTT, so maybe i'm not the best judge.

sometimes i just randomly feel queasy, so it could be nothing. you could also be a bit run down - driving all around the east bay is definitley crappy.

at least you're exercising...

Juniper said...

ok, it should also say "have lunch with Betty!" But since you may only be in town for another couple of weeks... :(