Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tag, I'm It

GirlMD tagged me with the 7 songs meme:
"Seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now".

Uh, just for the record... I barely know what a meme is. I'm old and kinda out of touch. So I tried looking in itunes to see my most frequently played tracks like GirlMD did and that told me nothing. (I've only been using itunes since January after I got my ipod for Christmas. Like I said... Old. Boring.)

Apparently, I listen to a lot of podcasts these days. I used to listen to a lot of music in grad school, but then I discovered that radio and tv make my brain shut up. I love music, but it still leaves my brain too much space to think. Always a dangerous proposition. Usually when I'm in the car I listen to NPR or a podcast. When I'm home, the tv is frequently on. I wish it wasn't... but it's a less destructive coping mechanism than others.

So, I'm going to have to change this a bit. Here are 7 songs that I MUST sing along to when I hear them. It's not like I'm usually in public... they're a bit (ok i'll say it) old and boring.

1. "House of Cards" - Mary Chapin Carpenter
2. "A Case of You" - Joni Mitchell (ok, truthfully, anything by Joni - who I discovered long ago through girlMD!)
3. "I'll Fly Away" - Gillian Welch & Allison Krauss
4. "In Dulci Jubilo" - Cambridge Singers
5. "Closer to Fine" - Indigo Girls
6. "Under African Skies" - Paul Simon
7. "Playboy Mommy" Tori Amos

And here's one song that doesn't have words but I can listen to over and over and over: "Take Five" by Dave Brubeck.

So since i'm new to the blogosphere (sp?) I can only tag two people:

anonymous mom
perpetually waiting

2 comments:

betty said...

wow, tagged already! you're so cool! i've been blogging a lot longer than you (ok not even a year, and this is my third blog - but let's not mind that) and have never been tagged before. until now...

i love 3,5, and 6. they are definitly sing along songs. i think maybe i should start listening to tori too. everyone says i'll like her...

girl MD said...

i can remember crisp fall days driving out to your house, listening to joni...and the indigo girls.
in dulci jubilo is STILL one of my favorite christmas carols.