Thursday, September 07, 2006

wise-ass baby outfit Thursday


First in a series!

My best friend and her partner had their first child in February. I went to visit them right before Easter when the baby was about three month old. The baby's biological father is a buyer for Macy's so he gets a hefty discount. AND did I mention the baby has two mommies? The result: this baby has more Ralph Lauren Polo outfits than anyone I know.

One night, we stayed up late while watching King Kong. During the entire movie, my friend's partner IRONED the baby's new wardrobe. (which included two (2!) seersucker Easter suits in lovely pastels) Although my child is still theoretical, I can tell you right now, this is not the kind of parent I will be. My child will be dressed in little wise-ass onesies his mom made because she was too cheap to buy them in a store. Preferably, wrinkled.

Upon further reflection "wise-ass onesie Wednesday" has a better ring to it.

2 comments:

betty said...

you really did make that, didn't you?

Juniper said...

yep. That's what happens when I go off my lithium...